Sep 4, 2008

How easy is it to be content ????

Personally for me, being content in life is the most difficult thing to achieve.
I think one needs to be in constant touch with the supreme divine to experience that satisfaction, to realise that you are just a tiny part of this whole universe.

I remember while preparing for any kind of challenge-be dance shows,school board exams,semester exams or job interviews - I always think achieving this milestone is the most important thing to me.Once I achieve that goal,I cannot sit back,relax and enjoy.My mind wanders for the next 'milestone' and this list is endless..
As I mature I realise what is the point in chasing thousands of goals without experiencing the joy of success or achievement in one's life...
Key is relaxation should be a part in the process of achieving one's goal...

Being content makes your life journey smooth and rewarding !!
Its difficult to practise because its like reducing your weight by indulging in the sumptuous desserts :)

Question is why are you not content with your life ?
Answer is you always look for a perfect life.
Being a perfectionist makes you feel dissatisfied about yourself.

Here is the piece of advice on how to balance multiple goals in your life and be happy and content.
Author of Five Point someone,Chetan Bhagat's advice is, "You can't be a perfectionist. My books have flaws. I won't get an A-plus as a writer or as a husband and father. And I'm not going to get an A-plus as a banker and become CEO of DB. But people with the highest grades don't have the happiest lives."

In a recent interview,when my greatest rolemodel A.R.Rahman was questioned on what does he want to achieve in his life,he as usual shy away with the sweet smile "I have achieved all the things I wanted in my first movie 'Roja'.Whatever Iam getting now is just extra gifts,just add ons blessed by god."
Ahhhhhhh!
What it takes to follow our music GOD who is content yet realised the most ambitious dream project "KM Music Conservatory"

:-)

2 comments:

Dr Ram Thiru said...

hi, your post was thought provoking. i concur with u, but with some reservations.what u say may be suitable in terms of material achievements, which includes monetary, professional. i know many of my professors who had an insatiable urge to learn more and to put their knowledge for the betterment of the field, the humanity.i feel ARR, who happens to be an icon for me too,would have been satisfied only with what he has achieved materially, he is still not content with what he had done to serve the world of music, and that keeps him going.i also feel it is this insatiety that has has created world leaders, achievers. but all the insatiety must stem from the fact that we are just the KATPUTHLIs of the ALMIGHTY who has assigned us to this earth.i have seen exactly the same belief in some of my teachers, who after doing some miracles to save the babies,pass a comment that it was THE OOPPERWALA who showed the direction.i have an idea that when a man loses his insatiety in that direction, he tends to become a burden to mother earth.maybe this subject needs a little more pondering. it is really surprising that u have discussed exactly the topic i was discussing with my mentors, THE DIRECTION OF MY LIFE,ITS PURPOSE. i'll come back to u with a few more inputs when i undretsand them fully. keep posting. take care.

Raji said...

@TRC : Thanks for your comments.
Good point regarding ARR's satisfaction.surely I do agree that there is constant quest that keeps them going !