Apr 1, 2008

Why woman is questioned ??!

*** Disclaimer : These are truly my personal opinion*****

These are the questions I come across...

X: Hey how do you manage work/life/family ?
Why dont you ask the same question to your male colleagues.Dont they belong to any family ? Are they pets to be taken care of ?

Y: Working women come at 10 and go at 6 ! Cant expect them to stay long!
Thats none of your business.Talk to manager if you have doubts on performance/productivity

Z: Hey Lets have a video conference(TOI for 4 hrs) at 8 PM !Any problem with the schedule?
Yes I have a problem.Will people be curious to know things post 10 pm ! I see series of yawning already ! I will stay back if you just need my physical attendance.



2 comments:

Resonator said...

yeah u r right..Gender bias always there in society...I hate it..


I shall add a point to ur post, when politicians/anyone speak abt women's reservation ...we should have start speaking abt men's reservation..
/** tis is my suggestion**/


happy blogging
Prema

Raji said...

Question is by giving women's reservation, are they empowering us or making us a puppet for their politics ?!!!

But I would say that rural women are getting more and more empowered by their positions in local panchayat !
Its a happy sign !